“Behind the petrol station, take the street that leads to where the church once stood. Our house is on the right, after the third mango tree. The door is grey.”
Addressya is a Swedish company with sales offices in Rwanda, Uganda and now launching in South Africa. We have an ambitious goal to improve lives by providing access to opportunities, inclusion, partnerships, and trade through improved addressing. The Addressya platform was created in response to the fact that 4 billion people, businesses and governments worldwide suffer from the lack of addresses.
Addressya makes it possible for anyone to create a precise, complete and easy to use address and share it with full control over their own data. For individuals it will always be free. To businesses, governments and NGO's we offer Addressing as a Service that gives companies access to good quality address data for increased transparency and efficiency.
To know more about us check our website.
Working at Addressya
We build our teams with “team makers”, who take full responsibility for their own work, the team, and the company objectives as a whole. You are never alone at Addressya, asking for help comes naturally to you, as does responding when others need your help. You enjoy using your skills and ideas to help to remove obstacles and bottlenecks for others and within the organisation.
About the job
You will be our first person on the ground in South Africa and will take on the lead sales role to launch and make Addressya a success. We have local offices in Rwanda and Uganda, and are now starting up in Johannesburg.
Key Areas of responsibility
- Achieving Sales targets and growth in RSA
- Achieving Client Service delivery targets
- Achieving Compliance with local legal framework and regulations
- Establishing Government partnerships
- Setting up and implementing processes for sales and delivery
- Building up local operations
- Analyse and drive sales forward by researching market dynamics and
- Ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Manage all contacts with local authorities and ascertain compliance on the South African Market
The role is based in South Africa and will include travel to other cities in South Africa. You report to the CCO but will work closely with the whole CXO team, marketing and delivery department.
Skills and requirements
To succeed and thrive in this role, it is important that you are inspiring, fearless and engaging as a person. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy a varied challenging job and like to get results. You have long experience in corporate sales, creating sales growth for new products and/or companies.
You also have :
- Multiple years of experience selling towards corporate organisations, government and NGO’s
- Established business network including corporates, government and NGOs
- Previous experience in compliance and government collaborations
- Documented experience in building up a sales organisation or operations from scratch
- Previous experience from working with SaaS products and IT solutions
- Relevant University Education
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
We also believe that you are
- Communication & negotiation skills
- Strong ability to plan, structure, and execute work independently
- Competitive and willing to work independently, yet a great team player
- Willing to do what it takes to achieve results
- An empathetic leader, inspirational with a proven ability to motivate people and enable them to grow
What we offer
A fast paced environment with no limit for personal development and growth. You will be part of a highly ambitious team to keep you motivated and help guide you through the challenges.
You will be eligible for employee stock options. Apart from this you will receive a basic monthly salary and monthly commission based on sales made as well as reimbursement of expenses such as health insurance, travel costs and data. You will be provided with a laptop and a phone. The employment will be based on a consultancy contract.
How to apply
To apply to this position just click the "apply" button and follow a few simple steps to register. Interviews will be held continuously as applications come in and the position can be filled before the closing date of this post.
We look forward to reading your application!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the role please reach out to Alisha, firstname.lastname@example.org