For many people around the world, this is what an address sounds like:
“Behind the petrol station, take the street that leads to where the church once stood. Our house is on the right, after the third mango tree. The door is grey.”
Addressya is a digital addressing platform that was created in response to the fact that 4 billion people, businesses and governments worldwide suffer from the lack of addresses. Our mission is to improve access to opportunities, inclusion, partnerships, and trade through good quality addressing. We are a female-founded Swedish tech company with local offices in Uganda, Rwanda and South Africa.
Read more at addressya.com
Who we are looking for
Are you a marketing and communications whizz with a passion for all things that drive sales and customer success forward? Are you strategic, a doer, an entrepreneurial marketer and a communicator that can make magic happen? This may be just the challenge you are looking for!
In this role you will be responsible for the marketing and communications at Addressya and report to the Head of Sales and Marketing. We are growing, and you will have the opportunity to build a team in the future.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and operationalise the global marketing and communications strategy, including company profile.
- Lead generation for inbound sales
- Build and develop the Addressya community for sales referrals and engagements around our contribution to achieving the UN SDGs
- Create opportunities for Addressya in new segments and markets through communication and community building
- Develop standards and ascertain quality assurance in all communication and materials
- Develop product/sales marketing material
- Build the Addressya brand through communication, thought leadership and relevant content.
- Manage Addressya’s marketing and communication channels (website, SoMe, Web, Print, etc)
- Project manage events and participation of C-level / staff on panels, talks etc.
- Coordinate applications for awards and incubator support.
Skills and requirements
- Experience of successful lead generation through communication, community building and social selling.
- High level of technical understanding to be able to translate product specifications into customer value
- Growth, impact and revenue driven
- Experience in building successful and engaging communities
- Experience in brand building and creating successful viral content and communication trends
- Exceptional communications skills (English, Swedish, a plus if you also have any of the following; French, Kinyarwanda, Luganda, Swahili)
- Leadership skills and passion for leading, developing and managing teams and projects
Working at Addressya
At Addressya you get a chance to work with something that is really worthwhile and help create positive change by working with a meaningful purpose. We build our teams with “team makers'' who take full responsibility for their own work, the team, and the company objectives as a whole. We believe in deliberate execution, keeping ourselves and our colleagues accountable and creating real value. This is both a challenge and a journey of a lifetime. Addressya is a place to grow your experience and your career.
What we offer
This is a full-time position with a permanent contract where the first 6 months are a probation period. Successful applicants are either based in Sweden, Uganda or Rwanda. This position involves traveling mainly between Sweden and our operating markets and most likely to other countries in the future.
How to apply
To apply to this position just click the "apply" button and follow a few simple steps to register. Interviews will be held continuously as applications come in and the position can be filled before the closing date of this post.
We look forward to reading your application!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the role please reach out to Alisha, email@example.com